Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eight from the Movie

Here are eight stills from my past that will definitely make it into my video-telling of A Marvelous Paranoia.


"My youngest siblings, Bethel and Rich, lived with mom and I in the two-bedroom house on Thompson Lane..."

This looks like perhaps the first day of a new school year.



"I shared Christmas with a gang of nieces and nephews..."

I'm the one picking at his toes, something I still do frequently.


"Henry Hogan was like a father to me..."

I'm the taller one wearing a tie the day of my brother-in-law's funeral.


"The New Era's young editor, Bill Wickland,  pulled me aside in high school and asked me if I wanted to write sports stories for the paper...He paid me two-cents a word."

This photo was taken a decade later in the offices of the Northwest Neighbor, a community monthly Bill and I worked for in Portland.


"When the American bi-centennial "Freedom Train" rolled through Portland, Maine the activist crowd was ready..."

I helped organize this protest.  We made our own train of cardboard boxes and satirized the event.

"I wore the long hair and beard of an active Marxist, and I believed Marx..."

I still  believe Marx.  Fuck capitalism!




"I met Bob Thomas in Ashland and later rented a room from him in Lebanon... He taught me how to play chess and kicked my ass..."


"Bob's twin brother, John, liked to show off..."

The brothers were surreal hedonists, which is why I liked them.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment