Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, April 27, 2012

Rough Cut #2/Roadside Narrative



This fragment has a little different feel than the one by Mr. Connery, who shot and cut the scene in the following post.

I shot this footage and cut it together.

Which begs the question.  Can a DP and producer/director get along aesthetically?  As in politics, compromise is in order.

This scene, or something similar to it, might make a decent opening.  But then again, it's very early in the shoot.  The two minutes combined in this clip and the one below don't make much of a dent in a 30 or 60 minute program.

Yet, I think we've made a fair start.  Both scenes have their strengths, which I hope to build upon.

I have a lot of material to work through, and I'll periodically post other scenes, partial or otherwise, to gauge how things are going.

The gathering is just beginning.

In short, game on.

The music is by my ex-neighbor Dan Faehnle from his Ohio Lunch CD.

If Dan sues me I'll be happy.  Oh, and Dan, in case you read this, I'd really like to use your music on the final cut.  Contact me if there is any chance of doing that.

I think Rush's commentary, a happy accident of the shoot, is perfected irony in this context.  But you'd have to see more of the movie or read the book to fully appreciate that.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment