Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, April 29, 2012

An Ordinary Sunday

I don't like the new Blogger at all.

I prefer to use HTML in composition to post links in a paragraph's body.  Unless I'm doing something wrong (which I very well could be, but the point is I haven't grasped what it is yet), the new blogger is buggy.

When I switch to compose after writing my text in HTML and installing my links, which I like to do to see how things look before publishing, the post's paragraphs close.

Several times, I've had to open them again in what amounts to a tedious reformatting exercise.

New Blogger looks all space age to me, like a late-model car's dashboard with too many doodads and thingamajigs.

There's probably a way to revert to the old template, but I haven't figured that out yet either.  Sounds like another step that I'd rather not bother with.

Oh well, even I'm tired of hearing myself bitch.

I didn't manage to see the UO spring game on television yesterday, but it sounds like the Ducks may have a front runner in one of the PAC's best quarterback competitions headed into the new season.

Marcus Mariota had an 82 yard touchdown run, which is quite a feat for a quarterback.  Generally, quarterbacks are not among the fastest players on a college team, or even a pro team for that matter.

As effective and savvy as he was, Oregon's Darron Thomas certainly wasn't very fast last year, particularly after banging up a knee.

Oregon's two best running quarterbacks in my memory, both of whom could also throw it, were Akili Smith and Dennis Dixon.  Kellen Clemens had decent speed, but nothing like Smith and Dixon.

Older Duck fans remember one of the fastest in the storied history of good Oregon quarterbacks.  Reggie Ogburn couldn't pass, but he was an elusive and speedy option quarterback.

Sounds like Mariota has the speed and the arm to match Dixon, a Pittsburgh Steelers backup QB.

We'll see how it goes about 16 weeks from now when the college season starts.  I'm looking forward to that.

Finally, I was browsing through my traffic report at Feedjit a little earlier today.  There are sure a lot of people around the world interested in tattooed tits.

I don't particularly dig tattoos, though tits are nice.  But to each his own.

Dudes and others, if you want to see tatted ladies sans clothing this probably isn't the best site for that, but thanks for dropping by.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment