Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Space Race




















This BBC series came out in 2005, I believe.  Worth a watch.

Might not be a lot of surprises or new info for some of you, but I was never one to follow the space race very closely, so I enjoyed my first viewing of this last evening.

I knew the talking points, of course, for I followed the news. But I never dug into the background like some.  And of course, as history all of the events grow in complexity and meaning.

The earliest event I can recall from memory is the Soviets sending the dogs into space, followed by the American chimp's harrowing journey.

The series is a docudrama, and well done I think.  Enjoy it if you haven't already.


TS 

No comments:

Post a Comment