Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Good Old Days



This was shot in conjunction with one of the first ever (1972) "Renaissance Faire(s)" in Veneta, Oregon.  I once attended an organizing meeting at the University of Oregon, where Kesey and others presented the faire's agenda one year, though I think that was prior to the planning of this benefit concert.

My energy was short-lived, however, and I subsequently dropped any involvement.  I did go to the faire in Veneta later.  The first and last time I ever attended.

Funny thing is I don't recall seeing this show, so perhaps I was there on the wrong day--or even the wrong year.  The "faire," after many transmutations, is now known as the Oregon Country Fair.  Perhaps you've been there, too.

Clearly the filmmakers were trying to emulate the impact of "Woodstock" with the behind-the-scenes focus and narrative style.

Anyway, this is for Chris Pilon of Houston, who once lived in the old neighborhood in Portland and loves the Dead.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment