Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Stuffed and Ready

I certainly had a good holiday. Hope you did as well.

This is going to be--what else?--a long day of college football gazing as the regular season closes out before the conference championships happen next weekend.

I'm ready for all the big matchups, not the least of which is the OSU vs. Oregon game from Corvallis this evening.

Before then, I want to glimpse some of the others; notably, tOSU vs. Michigan and FSU vs. Florida games, which are like the local rivalry inasmuch as you can toss records out the window.  These types of contests are always closer in the end than the on-paper-talent would indicate they should be, often going to the wire.

Bizarre things have and can happen, and with my Ducks playing for a spot in the inaugural CFP, I'll be on the edge of my seat.  I'm personally on upset alert.

I'm focused.  I wonder if my alma mater will be?

On a superstitious note, I don't like it that people are already talking up next weekend's Arizona and Oregon championship game in Santa Clara.

The Ducks have too much hard work scheduled for this evening to be thinking about that.  It could be that UCLA fell into that trap yesterday, losing to Stanford.

All the talk leading up to that game was about how UCLA might win out and slip into the playoff. Stanford, a rugged team, had another notion.

The talent is too equal around the conference to expect anything to come easily.

All that stated, I expect Oregon to be focused, having learned the perils of not being as such in the recent past--too many times, in fact.

After that, it's a matter of which way the ball bounces.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment