Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, November 17, 2014

Jeff Buckley



Happy birthday to Jeff Buckley, U.S. singer/songwriter (Nov.17, 1966-May 29, 1997), son of folk legend Tim Buckley.

He said it:

There was a time in my life not too long ago when I could show up in a cafe and simply do what I do, make music, learn from performing my music, explore what it means to me, i.e., have fun while I irritate and/or entertain an audience who don't know me or what I am about. In this situation I have that precious and irreplaceable luxury of failure, of risk, of surrender. I worked very hard to get this kind of thing together, this work forum. I loved it and then I missed it when it disappeared. All I am doing is reclaiming it.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment