Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, November 12, 2010

Watch "The Farewell Wake" Online

So I went over to Fremont Wed. night and watched the premier of CD's digital feature, which I watched with great interest. There were some outstanding performances in this no-budget project, but I can't honestly say mine was one of them. It's hard to watch oneself and not think, man, I wish I had done something else with the part, approached it differently, etc., etc. My cameo was short, so I didn't cringe too badly.

Overall I thought the feature was good, though I would have edited it differently in places. Maybe shortened a few of the sequences. The tempo was actually very nice in most places, but I thought a couple of scenes dragged. Minor quibbling, really. Many clever moments abound in the production. It's funny, wry, and sad in part.

Especially strong--the actor playing the artist/protagonist, and Deemer himself as the brother enlisted to document the artist's self-orchestrated wake. The cameos were excellent (excepting mine, of course).

The audio was hard to pick up a lot of the time, which appeared to be the fault of the equipment the bar owner used to show the movie. There was way too much treble filtering through the audio track. Consequently, I missed some dialogue.

Watching the movie here, the audio is as fine as can be expected in a no-budget, small screen production.

We watched the longer version of the movie at the premier. Watch the Director's cut online for a better representation of what Deemer accomplished.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment