Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Project Brewing


I am working with Tacoma artist/poet KC Bacon as he gathers some of his recent work for a new volume of poetry. The tentative plan is to issue the volume through Round Bend Press.

Yes! Yet another project to gnaw on! Keeps me busy, which I like. Maybe I'll avoid trouble, clear my head of the crushing, godawful political landscape that is threatening my well-being.


MORANDI'S BOTTLES


Gold, ginger-brown,
Tint of wine dreg

Glazed in gray-
Men with hands

In coat pockets
Lined up against a wall

Like ordinary citizens-
Framed.


K.C. Bacon



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment