Quote of the Day

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.-- George Orwell

“I would rather be a swineherd at Amagerbro and be understood by the swine than be a poet and be misunderstood by people.” ― Søren Kierkegaard, Either/Or: A Fragment of Life

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

After Midnight/Goddamn You, America










I am $7.79 richer today
an automatic deposit appeared
unexpectedly in my account

Goddamn you, America
you are a tough sonofabitch
a drag for most of us

As a writer I could give a fuck
about the popular culture
and Tom Brady's politics

Radicalism is my forte
an oyster free from the saline
of packaged and frozen dinners

I have $7.79 that is on you my
inert and disinterested America
Goddamn you and the GOP

All the money in the world
boils down to two books I sold
in the summer when a reading

Frenzy must of taken hold and
my words cast a spell of absolution
on the entire universe Amen

I needed something that $7.79
could buy like a new brain and
a real estate license and meatloaf

Goddamn you, America I never
considered working for the state
or one of your contractors etc.

I worked for 50 years on poetry
and here I am with $7.79 in
the bank thank you Amazon

Goddamn you, America $7.79
isn't a lot of money but
what the hell I'll take it


TS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.