Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 17, 2015

Ibuprofen Works

Slept a little better last night after medicating with Ibuprofen.  Feel pretty good for now, with a tad more mobility.

My brother eats a lot of Vicodin for his back pain.  I tried it once when I broke a finger on the job.  It hit me wrong, just as the label warns, and gave me extreme nausea.  No good.

I gave my extra pills away.  A drug-addled co-worker appreciated them.

I'll stick with the lesser drug, thanks, just as a friend suggested. Never really been into pills, though I take a few for non-pain issues. Beer has always been my liquid cure-all.

People are funny about it.  They see you hobbling and have stories about their own pain.

It's a good conversation starter, though you might not want to listen in if you're skittish or easily bored.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment