Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, July 27, 2015

Cosby


The tide - cultural and perhaps legal - may have finally turned against America's dad and serial rapist Bill Cosby with a devastating cover story in New York Magazine featuring the stark photos and searing stories of 35 of 46 women who to date have accused Cosby of rape, drugging and sexual assault over a span of decades. Their group photo culminates in an empty chair, representing "the women who couldn’t come forward mostly (because) we, as a culture, wouldn’t believe them.”

To tell you the truth, I never thought "Fat Albert" was all that funny.  I used to think I just didn't get it.  When my pals in high school walked through the hallways saying, "hey, hey, hey. I'm just Fat Albert,"  I wondered what in the hell was the attraction.

Christ, even Pryor was funnier than this guy, and he lit himself up smoking a rock.  Not to mention some real comedic artists, such as Belushi--in fact a barrel-full of SNL artists--and the obese gentlemen whose names escape me at the moment, who were indeed NBC stalwarts.

 Oh, Candy and Farley.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment