Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Third and Long

I just put this on hold at the library.  I hope I like the book as much as I like the premise.

I swear, I'm so far behind it's not even funny.

I'd never heard of it until today.  Damn, it sounds like a book Ben Fountain may have written for me personally:

Dear TS,

Here's what you've been saying for years without much success, without my clarity and skill. It's the story you always wanted to write because it's plugged into your brain.  You didn't write it, I did.  I won the awards, I did the work.

I took A Fan's Notes and End Zone to the next logical step.

Maybe you'll do something in your next lifetime. Keep at it, old-timer. Good luck.

Best,
Ben Fountain


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment