Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Review!

Well, there isn't anything in this review that I haven't commented on ahead of time at this blog.

I particularly like that the reviewer is in agreement with what I wrote here as I was putting the book together; I knew that the book I was writing was not definitive and in-depth, and I've stated as much many times.

I'm not using that as an excuse at all.  I knew what the book was, which is why I agree with the critic.

I agree that the subject deserves much more, but as I confessed I have neither the resources nor the energy (nor the interest) to write such a book.

One might ask, well, why bother to write a book at all if you know it's not going to be comprehensively pleasing to people? Fair question.  I wish I knew the answer.

Perhaps it's just because I felt compelled to write and publish something, which I guess is a base instinct in these times.  I should probably check myself before I try anything quite so stupid again.

Re: the "inaccuracies" of how the end of baseball came in Portland, I wrote from an observer's standpoint.  It looked to me like the powers-that-be couldn't get a deal done for a baseball stadium in Portland.  Since there is no stadium in Portland I guess I got that part correct, at least.

Now if there is somebody else I should have blamed other than those the public might deem responsible, so be it.

Hey, this is the book's first review at Amazon.  Keep 'em coming, folks.


TS

P.S.  I think I've finally fixed all the typos, but there may be a straggler here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment