Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Funk

Ugh, my energy is low today after being high yesterday when I was interviewed by a local writer about my new book and the press in general.

I'm glad I don't have to listen to a tape of the conversation.  I know it would be torturous on my end.

Funny, but I remember when conversations came a little easier for me.  Seems the older I get the less polished of a speaker I become.

Or am I just finally awakening to this weakness that I've had all along?

Anyway, it was like work.  I first noticed my regression a few years back when I briefly had an Internet radio program.  I'd get so damn tongue-tied on the thing that I was unbearable even to myself.

Who would want to listen to that guy?! I argued.

Not sure I said anything worth writing down yesterday, but the journalist said he planned a story.  I tried to answer his quite reasonable questions, but I might have been better off saying, literally, "blah, blah, blah."

We'll see.  I hope it happens because I'd like some of the others involved with the press to get mention. I attempted to point the interview in that direction a couple of times.  In the end the writer will say what he wants to say, of course.  That is what writers do.

Maybe some good will come out of it, keeping in mind that it is not always how or what you say, but often your intent.

My intent is good.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment