Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Protest













I protest
these obscene wars
I did not volunteer to fight
for Empire
or patriotism

I protest
poverty and the
subjugation of mankind to
the tired
will of capitalism

I protest
all of the isms
particularly pragmatism
and its idiocy
day in/day out

I protest
East vs. West and
the simple-mindedness of
unworldly knowledge and
the end of science

I protest
the gods and their
unreliable fortitude and will
to divide and conquer
their bland foes

I protest
this day and the next
the heart blown to pieces
by the bombs of
the masters

I protest
the inevitable power and
the crazy demigods and
the fearless warriors and
the empty speeches

I protest
the righteousness of
those whom I'm incapable
of talking to about
the grace of Man

I protest
the hollowness and the
emptiness that has us
caged like prisoners
unable to walk away

I protest
I protest
I protest


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment