Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Question of the Day

Since Internet advertisers know as much about my tastes and proclivities as does the National Security Agency, it makes little sense to me that the former cannot take no for an answer.

I guess there is always a possibility that I may indeed become a "national security risk," so the powers-that-be are probably wise to keep an eye on me.  On the other hand, I am never going to buy 99.9 percent of the products advertised on my computer--which begs the question: why do the advertisers bother?  Don't they know a losing proposition when they see one?  Has their research and marketing acumen simply gone awry?  How can they be so hopelessly inept, and just plain wrong?

Ladies and gentlemen, here is what I've purchased over the web since its invention:  books and a Bloggie camera.  I'm really not a candidate for much else, so please don't bother me anymore .

There.  I fixed that little problem, didn't I?

I'm kidding, of course.  I'm a demographic, not a person.  And who knows, I may soon need a direct link to diapers.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment