Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Meaning















Photo by RP Thomas


Post-Modern Talent

Everyone who lives in Talent
is a post-modernist according
to the philologist, Carl Hicks.

“I should know,” Hicks said,
clicking his pen as he prepared
to write himself into a corner.

“Having been a biologist as
well as a wordsmith, you’ve
studied our DNA,” said Harry

Reems, adding a touch of cream
to his coffee.  “I agree you should
know.”  By now everyone in

Noble Coffee had pricked up their
ears:  “So my fraudulent friend,  tell
me what post-modernism means.”

“Of course I will not!” Hicks huffed.
“For it is knowing that nothing is
 as certain as it seems! Nothing!”


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment