Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Beyond Detritus


I've started a cycle of poems about small-town life--a fiction that is tugging me in the direction of a narrative form.  Slice of life stuff.

This is pretty exciting, and I think I can keep it going from start to finish, which isn't always the case I've discovered.  I have a notebook of fragments, or detritus, that haunts me.  I made do with some of it once, collected in Dooley's book, People, Polemics & Pooh-Pah, and I'll likely attempt something like that again.

But man, it would be nice to finish a project again whole.  It's been a while since I've done that.

So the grind begins.


TS  

No comments:

Post a Comment