Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Microeconomics

I don't know exactly how it happened or why, but I have a hunch.

My pad didn't have hot water for the longest time.  I bitched and moaned, as I'm sure others in the apartment complex did. Then I personally got in the face of management.

What could they do?  I pay my rent on time.  I'm all class, though I'm certain they think I'm a measly malcontent and would love to jettison me.

I threatened to tell the city what was happening, and again, I'm sure others did as well.

The water now is scaldingly hot, especially fine for dishwashing--finally.

Who says bitching and regulations do not have a positive effect on the markets?

I pay my rent.  Why shouldn't I have hot water?  And you know something?  I don't give a damn how much more it is costing my landlord out of his fat pockets.

I suppose a rent increase is in the offering; if it's too much I'll bitch again.

It's all any mortal can do.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment