Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Editing Detritus

Been working all day on video editing.

Of all the things I'm interested in doing with my art, this comes the hardest.  In a lot of ways, it just boils down to making decisions--how long to stay with an image, inter-cutting scenes, where to use ambient sound, etc.

One thing is for certain.  I haven't had enough practice at it.  I'm a mudder, unsure whether I want to run against the rail or go wide.  It's like chess in that regard.  There are too many possible moves for the beginner. And, as with chess, some moves are better than others as the game progresses.

All of this after you think you may have written a decent script, which I still haven't done for a certain video project.

And, of course, the images themselves are not as good as you'd like them to be.

There's truly an art to this.  I admire anyone who does it well.

What I have come up with so far is--you guessed it--detritus.

Well that is, after all, why we've gone with the new name.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment