Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, January 10, 2014

Ironic?

I watched the first episode of the third season of Treme last night.  I picked the series up from the library yesterday after a month-long wait.

It left me a little cold, disappointed, and wondering. Have I grown out of this series? David Simon and Anthony Bourdain wrote this particular segment, and perhaps they are a weak link.

Simon created the series, and may not be the best of the writers involved with the program.  Bourdain is obviously there for the foodie scenes, which left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth.  A little too precious, those, just like real-life, pompous foodies.

Not sure if Bourdain is using scathing satire here, either. What if the point is that it is satire, and I'm missing the point?

Wouldn't be the first time.

I'll give the whole thing a chance, of course, but the cast and writers may have spent their load in seasons 1 and 2.

Maybe I've spent my load...

Something is amiss, I'm just not sure what yet.

Why am I even mentioning this?  Anyone interested who has HBO has likely moved on.  I guess I'm just here to tell you I don't have HBO.

Now isn't that interesting?

This places me about 18 months behind reality.

Story of my life.  Anyway, I have something to complain about.  I was worried there for a second.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment