Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm Number One

Hallahoo, hallahay, I'm number one on the list today.

That is number one on the hold list at the library for the third season of Treme, the dynamic Dick Simon and Eric Overmyer-produced, fictionalized account of post-Katrina New Orleans from HBO.

Any day now, any day now, I shall be released...from my electronic media funk.

The five-episode fourth season, which wrapped up the serial late last month, awaits.  But the library won't have that for months.

I guess it is always a matter of personal taste, but I consider Treme, and Simon's The Wire before it, to be some of the greatest television ever produced.  Not that I've seen it all, because I haven't.

Nevertheless...

Right up there with anything Paddy Chayefsky ever put out back in the day, and that is saying something for a hard-to-please joker and huge Chayefsky disciple like me.


TS  

No comments:

Post a Comment