Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Collins on Norton Sr.

Nigel Collins remembers Ken Norton Sr.

He fought in the era of the great heavyweights, which came just before the great welterweight and middleweight years of the 1980s.

My interest in boxing was at its peak then.  Loved it.

Fond memories.  I was a big fan, beginning with Ali, but alas fighting eventually diminished for me for some reason. Don't really know why. Perhaps because there are fewer great fighters now?

Incidentally,  Norton Jr., a former UCLA football star, now works for the Seattle Seahawks.

I'd forgotten, until I listened to Nigel Collins recall Norton's great fights, that Norton once broke Ali's jaw.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment