Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, September 23, 2013

MNF

I'm sitting here watching Monday Night Football.  I'll tell you this, I'm not a big NFL fan, and over the years I've watched few games on Monday nights.

I loathed it, usually.  The hype, the announcers, all of it.

When MNF started years ago, I usually had something better to do than watch TV, even if it was just going out and getting crazy with my friends.

That really isn't the case anymore. I don't go out with my friends these days.  The few I have are doing fine without me, and besides I'm in no shape to get crazy.  I'm bored, old, and I watch too much football now. Alone.

I'm sitting here watching the Broncos' Peyton Manning dismantle the Oakland Raiders. One time years ago, when I was a kid and didn't know any better, the Raiders meant something to me.  Ken Stabler was the QB for the Raiders back then.

Another favorite, Tom Flores, was once the coach of the Raiders, the first Hispanic head coach in the NFL.

This is Hispanic Week in the NFL.  Hooray!

I don't like Manning, or his little brother Eli, the QB of the Giants.

I liked their old man, Archie.  He was cool,  but I liked him because we were young together.

Alas there is a genetic element to quarterbacking.  Peyton is really good, and so is Eli, but you wouldn't know it this year.

What's tomorrow?  Tuesday?

I can't wait.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment