Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Links!

Please note the two new permalinks at my sidebar, one to Common Dreams, the other to CounterPunch.  I link to stories at these sites regularly, but you shouldn't have to wait for me.

Sometimes I am lackadaisical and avoid the work that is required to make this site as dynamic as it should be.

While I recognize it is my responsibility to help you shed your lazy and complacent thinking, I also believe it is time for you to go out on your own and take the risks required to become a self-educated political boor like me.  Thus the links.

I'm also in the process of winnowing through a few conservative sites to add to the list, but it's a real challenge to find one that works for me.

I'll keep trying though, because I owe my readers a chance to measure any argument fully and make an informed opinion about whether continuing to fuck around with the Middle East is a good idea, whether the minimum wage is to too damned high, whether food stamps make people lazy, whether Mexicans are evil, whether saving Social Security is a disgrace to the Constitution, and whether Negroes should continue to have the right to vote or access to drivers licenses.

I'm also very curious about why the rich should be forced to pay taxes when there are so many poor people who seem, let's face it, ungrateful to be Americans.

Also, I'm looking for a reason why Rick Santorum shouldn't be the next Republican presidential nominee. He seems like a bright enough guy after all, blessed as he is with real solid American values.

Similarly, I'd like someone to explain to me why Hillary stinks without resorting to name-calling and the obvious.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment