Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, August 6, 2012

Riskin' Multitudinous Corruption

How many of y'all know what today is?

Probably not many of ya because y'all so bright and being literary types you could give a shit 'bout what I think, but I'll tell y'all anyways.

This is the first day of college football practice for the University of Oregon leadin' up to the Ducks' openin' game Sept. 1 against Arkansas State.

If y'all don't know what that means for this old country boy y'all ain't been payin' attention.

It means one, I'm back in the saddle and I'm as pleased as a pig in a slop farm.

It means two, I can start bitchin' about the way Chip Kelly has closed off his practice sessions at my alma mater and turned the public university's football program into a goddamn elitist secret affair that stinks just like that slop farm I'm talkin' 'bout.

Now let me be the third or fourth hundred folk to say it and say it nice 'n' loud.

By takin' the transparency out of that football program y'all be treadin' on some dangerous terrain.

Now I ain't sayin' the football program at the University of Oregon is approachin' Penn State's degree of multitudinous corruption.

I'm jus' askin' why y'all even want to risk bein' so dumb?

And another thing folks.  I'm really sorry 'bout slippin' into this phony country vernacular I been usin' in this post, but y'all see I been listenin' to so damn many country tunes of late, well, I'm startin' to talk like Tom T. Hall.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment