Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Doubling Out

Now this sounds like something that might float my boat.

I've worked in a few beer joints that featured dartboards.  Off duty (sometimes) I'd partake.

If I consumed the appropriate quantity of a favorite beverage my accuracy never failed to increase.

For awhile.

But as with pool and storytelling, the trick is in knowing when one's edge is fading.

When you've won enough to be a few rounds ahead of your competition it is time to return the feathered missiles to the shelf and move on to the next distraction.

In my day, that didn't necessarily mean it was time to go home.  It just meant that bullseyes might not be a realistic quest for the remainder of the evening.


TS


No comments:

Post a Comment