Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, August 17, 2012

A New Life

I must say it'll be nice when the temp cools tomorrow here in Portland. This has been one of the few stretches I can remember wherein I've longed for AC.

We don't even think about having AC around here, or most of us don't. But yeah, sleeping comfortably has not been the easiest thing to do.

Tomorrow should be a big day. I'm expecting to see the files of K.C. Bacon's (check out his work at the sidebar) first fiction for Round Bend, a novella titled Moon Over New Rotterdam.

Looking forward to that, as he and his design team have put a lot of work into making this one polished to a high sheen.

This book is about a character who has lost his way in life only to return to his hometown of New Rotterdam to make a new beginning. Forced by circumstances into a new existence of meditative observation, the middle-aged protagonist in the novella discovers some things about life that he'd managed to overlook, until memory awakens something new in his spirit.

I have the feeling I'll be pleased with the production values for this book, and I hope you are as well when you dig deep into your savings and purchase this must read.

Next month at about this time, Bacon will follow up with a second novella. More on that later, along with perhaps some other press-related news.

More big doings: I've approached another RBP contributor about an interview and video project that partly summarizes his career while looking ahead at his latest ideas. I'll shoot that tomorrow if possible.

If I get what I need I'll begin to assemble it next week and release it here ASAP.

All in all, I have good things to look forward to in the next days: Cooler temps; a new book; a video project. 


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment