Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Reminder

If anyone ever wonders why I am often angry at those who control and disseminate power in the U.S., it's my remembrance of how animal our leaders were in my youth.

The Cold War and its many negative consequences profoundly shaped who I am, and I don't see any real change to celebrate in terms of how power functions.

I'll protest to my grave. It is all I can do.

Many Americans these days strike me as shameless as they wait with detachment for the latest body counts, innocent or in denial of the manufactured wars that keep the MIC wheels turning.

Anyway, this item caught my attention. We need to reflect on occasion to understand the consequences of aggression.

In turn, Tom Clark greased my memory with this at his blog, Beyond the Pale.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment