Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another Contest Entry

Round Bend's short short story contest is cooler than most. You'll be shocked to learn "how it happened."


C. Deemer's Sequel to "How It Happened"


It happened on a winter morning
like this.. My wife cooked
me scrabbled eggs for breakfast and
left for work. As I sat down to eat,
the neighbor lady I'd been screwing
came in and sat down. She began to
eat my eggs. I was about to take
the plate from her when she started
gagging. She fell to the floor dead,
a victim of my wife's poison. I
got the message and got the
hell out of there. L.A. was much
warmer than Portland this time
of year.


Charles Deemer
Portland, Oregon

See more sudden tales of "how it happened" here.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment