Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Prophecy Re: Oregon Football




The corruption at my university, sadly, appears to run into the murky depths.

I'm talking about the football program. In a post last season I reminded everybody that Nike University's program would one day crash to earth, the victim of a self-destructive scandal.

The day has arrived.

Given the current state of corruption in college sports (mainly football and basketball) my prophecy was a no-brainer, of course.

I just didn't think it would happen so soon after the program's back-to-back PAC-10 titles.

I don't see Chip Kelly surviving this. It looks incredibly dumb. I love college football and I wish it would (could) change, but it won't. Not with the billions involved.

I can tell you this much--college coaches in big-time football and basketball are drastically over-paid. That in itself leads to corruption.

The players? Let's face it; they're used and abused by the present system.

I'm laughing through my heartbreak.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment