Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, June 17, 2011

Early July Release Set for "In My Old Age"




Deemer's book is coming along nicely. I've read half of it and really like what I see from this accomplished writer and adjunct professor in the Portland State English Department, where every year for the past ten years (or more) he has taught a screenwriting course.

I've taken the course and loved every second of it. Highly recommended for any of you aspiring movie writers out there.

Here's a glimpse of the cover from Deemer's Writing Life II blog.

And here is a fine poem from the book:


Conversations


when my closest friends
were still alive
we'd often get together
for coffee or drinks

and our conversations
reached deep into
our essential selves
with trust and affection

today my conversations
have little reach
beyond some trifling
remark about whatever

it is that people
talk about when
they have nothing
important to say

in my head I still
talk to my friends
but they have yet to

respond

Charles Deemer


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment