Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Yer Outta There!



At 11-2 the Seattle Mariners are running away with it in the American West, 3.5 games ahead of the Houston Astros!

Ha ha...

The M's did fade later than usual last season, so are they prepared to win it all this year?

Daunting question for one only vaguely aware until recently that  MLB was already up and running this season.

I'm not a Mariners' fan particularly, but I enjoy baseball in the summer, which it ought to be restricted to; I hate rain outs and downpours in March and the sleet and cold of the series in November. Any club with a retractable roof, a la Seattle would seem to have an early and late-season advantage.

Portland's stadium, should the backwater burgh ever get around to building one, would need a roof and coal-stoked seating.

Houston's stadium roof seems to function to keep the flash rainstorms, brutal heat, mosquitoes, swamp moths and flying alligators out year round.

Here's my baseball confession.  I'm a fan of any team that has good pitching.  I like to watch great pitching.  I did when I was a youngster playing the game as well.

I watched one pitch after another until I struck out!


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment