Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, April 19, 2019

Real Work

I'll tell you something.  Jeffrey St. Clair and Joshua Frank, the two big brains behind CounterPunch since founder Alexander Cockburn died six year ago, are putting it out there. Real shit.

Real dissident writing.  Real thinking.  No holds barred.

This weekend's material is unbelievably good, first rate, top notch and exquisitely sublime.

Man, I feel good, having published with the gents in the past, even though I've been unable to write anything worthwhile recently. I feel I'm just fucked up and can't put the words together.  I'm too scattered. My ideas come and go like birds. I have a bird brain.

I like what my old friend RP Thomas wrote to me a while back.  I turned him on to the website and the bi-annual magazine the boys put out.

Thomas said, "Most Americans will never understand" the content of CP.

How true.  The content is not your ordinary journalese. It has depth that all but a few million readers worldwide find unfathomable.

I meet people every day who have never heard of the website.  Makes me sad and angry.  How can you pretend to know anything about our political world?

You know a few who read the material?  Every pol in D.C.  It makes them queasy because it's the other side writ large.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment