Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 27, 2018

Movie












I took Paterson out of the library last week and finally got around to watching it.  It's a nice little movie.  I've always enjoyed Jim Jarmusch's work.

I don't understand America's love for the Marvel blockbusters. Superheroes, explosions, car chases, elaborate stunts and special effects, cheesy "moral" statements, wtf?

The good guys versus the bad guys.  Sounds like the winnowing national dialogue we're all suffering through.  Not bored enough, got to watch and listen.

The blockbusters amount to pure escapism, I guess.  People must be desperate to escape if they watch that crap. It's like being captivated by the Trump reality TV show playing out in the deadness of our days.

Small movies make sense.  It's not often that movies explore poets and poetry directly, though the best movies resonate with poetry in their making.  Nebraska was another small, poetic  movie I liked.

I haven't seen "Neruda" yet.  Hope to find it soon.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment