Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Baseball

I think baseball is like an old girlfriend I shouldn't have quit on years ago. 

There was love there I couldn't deal with.

For some damn reason, maybe because I'm an old man with nothing else to do, I'm enjoying baseball again for the first time in years.

It's actually a game where people of all sizes can excel.  The players are youngsters in their twenties, and grizzled old vets in their forties, a generation difference.  That's pretty cool.

I remember that time the Griffeys, father and son, played together in Seattle.  Better than cool.

Part of it is that it's damn easy to stream these days, and it does have its own poetry, an appealing rhythm.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment