Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Temp Work















I worked part time for a monthly community newspaper shortly after I moved to Portland.  I always needed a second job, so one winter I did this through a temp employment agency.  The scale was slightly smaller as my crew changed the Memorial Coliseum from hockey arena to basketball venue--and back again repeatedly--overnight. This is Phoenix University Stadium.  The good seats are all temporary and spendy.  From the highest seats Saturday the players in the Final Four will look like tiny ants scurrying around on a minuscule dance floor.  Those tickets are also spendy.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment