Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Heart and Soul

My Sweet 16 bracket exploded and now I must revert to the heart.

I'm betting my soul that Oregon beats Kansas today!

I may be a soulless man come sundown.

The truth is Kansas has much better talent than Oregon, and it's not even close.  Had Boucher not been hurt it might have closed the gap, but not by much.

But you cannot say with certainty that Oregon would have landed in the Elite Eight had Boucher been available.  He might have under performed, taken Dorsey's shots and missed...

This is not science, thus fell UCLA and the over-hyped Lonzo Ball. Kentucky had two freshmen on the floor who outplayed him.

But I think Josh Jackson is the best freshman playing now, and if Oregon can't handle him...woe unto the Mighty Ducks.

Ha!

P.S. Be sure to read the weekend CP.  It's full of leaping, dazzling, clear-headed playmakers who know the score.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment