Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Status Report




















The damaged nerves in my jaw feel like they're loosening up, giving me faint hope of recovery from the paralysis I've been living with since my bout with shingles early last month. However, my right ear hasn't improved much at all.  It doesn't hurt as much as my jaw and the interior of my mouth and tongue, but its deadness and the associated loss of hearing is really annoying.  As you can see in the illustration, the main mass or root of the system is near the ear.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, because that isn't warranted.  I'm still a mess, have difficulties chewing and tasting food, etc.  You don't realize how much you like to eat, never mind its necessity, until you're laced with TN.

Trigeminal neuralgia is beastly, and many (or most) people can't shake it and are destined to suffer the chronic pain and discomfort that accompanies it for the rest of their lives.  If you believe the clinicians and the data...

What it really amounts to, from a realist's POV, is that the darkness is closer than you imagine sometimes, an early-warning or wakeup call. Old people are stricken by this most often, and I fall into the normative range of its victims.

It's not fatal, but I've already felt how it changes your quality of life for the worse.  It's no fun at all.

Maybe I'll be one of the lucky one and recover?

This has been an update for any of my readers who know me personally and find me too interesting to resist.

Woe is me...


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment