Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ho Hum...

Today?

The Final Four.  I'm not as enthusiastic about it without my team, but I'll make an effort to watch at least some of it.

You've got to be very good to make it this far, and Oregon just didn't have enough.  I think Coach K got in Dillon Brooks' head a little after the Ducks beat Duke in the Sweet 16.  Well, maybe not, but Brooks had one of his poorest game against the Okies...

Maybe the Sooners had something to do with that, I admit grudgingly.

I'll root for Syracuse, a team that proved the critics wrong when many of them argued the 13-loss Orangemen didn't belong in the tourney.

The last team to win it all with so many regular season losses might just be the late Jimmy Valvano's N.C. State team of the early eighties.

Anyway, it starts at 3 here in the west.

Something to do, which beats not doing something.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment