Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, May 23, 2014

Improvement

Decent progress on the baseball book today.  I'm liking this rewrite. Though the English language still gives me fits, I'm confident I'm a better writer today than I was in 1980.

Finished, I think it'll be something I can claim with pride. That wasn't the case with the original manuscript. Even though the paper I worked for published it, I was never happy with its tone or focus.

Everything has its time and place, and that's always tied to where you are mentally and spiritually as a writer. Likely is with other endeavors as well, but I'm not familiar enough with other disciplines to comment.

With one exception.  I think I could hit a curve ball now, whereas I couldn't touch one in my youth.

Hey, all you can do is keep getting better--until you die.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment