Quote of the Day

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.-- George Orwell

“I would rather be a swineherd at Amagerbro and be understood by the swine than be a poet and be misunderstood by people.” ― Søren Kierkegaard, Either/Or: A Fragment of Life

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Improvement

Decent progress on the baseball book today.  I'm liking this rewrite. Though the English language still gives me fits, I'm confident I'm a better writer today than I was in 1980.

Finished, I think it'll be something I can claim with pride. That wasn't the case with the original manuscript. Even though the paper I worked for published it, I was never happy with its tone or focus.

Everything has its time and place, and that's always tied to where you are mentally and spiritually as a writer. Likely is with other endeavors as well, but I'm not familiar enough with other disciplines to comment.

With one exception.  I think I could hit a curve ball now, whereas I couldn't touch one in my youth.

Hey, all you can do is keep getting better--until you die.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.