Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, May 17, 2014

3-3

So I'm waiting for a long-delayed city bus on Burnside St. and I peek into a tavern window and see Portland score a late goal to tie the match against Columbus tonight.

I look away to comment to another would-be bus rider and when I look back at the TV Columbus has scored again.  Bang, bang.

The bus is very late by now, there are five or six minutes left in the match, Portland is down by a goal just as it was ten minutes before when I started watching.

I'm waiting for TriMet's awful service to take me home to a good dinner and book.

Dang, if the Timbers don't score again.  Tied 3-3.

I love the way I watch soccer. I accidentally see all the important action at the end of every match. Only problem is when I watch neither team wins.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment