Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, February 8, 2013

Two
















Sometimes a picture is purely abstract emotion, a childlike expression.  At other times it becomes more formalized, its intent a fully-matured conceptualization of the world.  For me, color is always paramount.  But just as important is the act of doing something compulsively, of not knowing what I want until I begin.  I'm sure this comes from my lack of a formal education as a drawer and painter, or I hope it does.  For I deliberately dodged  art school, figuring all I could do there was fail among the critics and geniuses; when I do this I do not feel like a failure.  Nor do I feel the need to appease anyone as I satisfy those compulsions that are mine alone and have nothing to do with what is known about creativity.            TS

No comments:

Post a Comment