Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Where's My Super Bowl?

This must be Super Bowl weekend.

Homeland Security moved Thursday to seize sixteen unauthorized sports-affiliated websites just three days before the annual NFL showcase.

The feds used a similar gambit just prior to last year's Super Bowl to shut down illegal sites.

The government claims that an array of revenue mechanisms suffer under the active pirate sites.

"These websites and their operators deprive sports leagues and networks of legitimate revenue" in what amounts to "virtual thievery," said U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara in Manhattan, who announced the website seizures

Tom Brady, the New England quarterback who will lead his team against the New York Giants in tomorrow's game, admits that he watched a free stream of last year's game while rehabbing his injured leg in Costa Rica.

First Row Sports, run by a Michigan man, is the biggest offender in the case.

The 28 year-old hacker, who ran multiple FRS sites, was arrested Thursday in the case.

I guess I won't be streaming the game this year. I watched college football all season on First Row Sports.  I mean, I wasn't able to attend every game I watched this season, so I thought it was a reasonable thing to do.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment