Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Long, Weird Day

My what a long, weird day, which started too early because I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

Looked around for just the right phone for me, which is shopping, which is something I loathe to do.

I think I'm a panicky shopper. I get in the store and I'm confronted by so much merchandise that I freeze up. I can't make decisions.

I've walked into stores and forgotten why I was there. They want to distract you. They want to separate you from your wallet.

I might be the chump shopper the clerks are waiting for. A guy that can be talked into something. My general ignorance of phones is an immediate drawback in this instance.

On the bright side, I did some reading and editing, the stuff I like doing.

Hmmmm....

The proof of K.C. Bacon's Aphorisms was a little flawed on the formatting end, so we'll set the date back on that release after all. March 1 sounds good.

The entire point is to get things right. Even if it causes delays, because in publishing you'd rather miss a self-imposed deadline than create something that doesn't meet the standards you devise for yourself as a designer/bookseller.

I try. Every once in awhile I mess up and must do things over. That's the advantage of print-on-demand right there.

You can do it over until it's right.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment