Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Smash Hit


People out there in cyberland are into it.

They Google "old age poems" regularly, and land here for a peek at Charles Deemer's new Round Bend Press publication, In My Old Age.

"In My Old Age" is a first rate book. Death, with its looming finality, certainty, and utter mystery, is the greatest theme of all, of course. But this book is about more than that. It is about seeing and living out the string. It is about facing the end head on, and laughing all the way.

Damn, I am pleased Round Bend Press is attached to such an important book. I'm two years into the RBP project. Along with K.C. Bacon's "Morandi's Bottles" (see sidebar), this one sets the standard for what I'm attempting to do in my own advancing years.

The book is a sight and sound feast. Don't miss out. Buy it now.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment