Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oligarch-ed up!




I've recently noticed that certain individuals in my reading public do not find me funny. However, I know I really am funny all of the time. Every time I sit down to type pure genius emerges on this blog with the same certainty as an Oregon summer rainstorm.

Specifically, my critics do not admire my use of the American language, and are in some manner repelled by my verbiage, particularly as it relates to the use of the F-word.

I suggest that they should know better than to venture into my language-terrain and exit complaining. This place can be a torture chamber at times.

It isn't a prose palace or an Eden of words.

Whether one feels sullied or cleansed when leaving here is not of much concern to me. I feel like I've done my job by either annoying or pleasing you through a combination of questionable syntax and fitting words.

To be precise, I don't spend a lot of time worrying whether I have offended your good taste.

Good lord, I know I'm not capable of pleasing everybody. It's difficult enough as it is without worrying about a single reader out there.

Write what you want to write. I'll continue to do the same, thanks.

But let's allow for a moment that I might soil myself by taking seriously the protestations of a public overwhelmed by the utter indecency inherent in the F-word.

Does a better worse word even exist?

I've given the question some thought and consulted the oracle. A more disgraceful and discomforting word than the F-word is "oligarch."

Here are some examples of its possible usages: Man, that is oligarch-ed up. What an oligarch-ing mess! I oligarch-ed up the other day. I drank so much I was oligarch-ed up. My friend is oligarch-ed.

His girlfriend is really oligarch-ed up. Etc. Etc.

Here's a filthy word list for your reading pleasure.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment