Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 8, 2011

New Book Cover/Revised Edition


Per the suggestion of an influential critic with a solid argument, I've created a new cover and cut a portion of the title from my 2009 novel, "The Friends of Round Bend."

This is a crime story set in a fictional Oregon coastal town called Round Bend. The novel represents my first effort at self-publishing. I liked the sound of the name so much I named the press after the title.

The entire point is to create myth, isn't it? Myth of place and events.

Anyway, I like this one better than the previous cover. The noir feel suits the story which is set in the foothills of the coastal range under increasingly dark skies, literally and metaphorically.

By shortening the title, I preserve the integrity of the mystery, such as it is in the novel.

It's just a better book now. I'm almost pleased with it, a two-year project that I can't set aside because I'm neurotic about it.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment