Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, February 14, 2011

Three for the Road

Here is what I'm listening to today. James Low, a recording he made at Mississippi Studios in NoPo, which includes a cover of John Prine's "Pretty Good". I'm a huge Prine fan and Low does it more than justice.

I'm listening to some middle period Dylan, "World Gone Wrong," which certainly seems to be the case at times. It is always swell to ponder Dylan. He's 70 now, imagine that.

And thirdly, I'm revisiting The Dillards. "The Early Recordings--1959." I was eight when this recording was made. And I didn't discover it until years and years later.

If you could pick up all the pieces of the things you have missed and then discovered late in life, reassemble them and tack on the years that you slept through, everything would be that much better.



TS










No comments:

Post a Comment